Using Motorola Moto G
Using the TI fob software no gimbal sensor set on and the app works fine. Native app using the TI java source code.
Turn on gimbal ibeacon. Everytime I then run the TI fob software I get bluetooth error. If I then remove the iBeacon battery and then rerun the TI software it then finds the fob and no error displayed. Maybe this is just an issue with the TI software.
If I run your ble detector I then get the list of items no problem. But the iBeacon is sending out a series of UUIDs
With your moving stoneapp it sometimes fails to work and I thought this was a similar problem with the Android phone.
Having looked on the internet I found various references to the android bluetooth crash.https://code.google.com/p/android/issue ... l?id=67272
The summary of this posting substantially mis-states the issue.
There is no compatibility problem whatsoever with "iBeacon BLE packets".
Rather the issue is with the above BTLE stack code's attempt to remember recently heard BTLE hardware addresses in general.
To trigger the bug, it is necessary to expose the device to a large number of unique hardware addresses, and thus overwhelm this subsystem beyond its current discarding mechanism (if indeed there is any).
Once a phone begins experiencing this bug, it will continue to function fine for any BTLE device with a hardware address which has already be heard, but will crash immediately when it receives an identical transmission coming from an identical BTLE device with a previously unheard hardware address.
Which is what I understood the problem to be and being addressed in 4.4.3